[ZBIORCZY] NOWE DINOZAURY 2006-2009

Czyli co piszczy w paleontologicznej "trawie" :)
Awatar użytkownika
skrecu
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur

Post autor: skrecu »

Moda tu nie ma nic do rzeczy, choć rzeczywiście zainteresowanie dinozaurami po Spielbergu wzrosło wykładniczo, ma to swoje plusy dodatnie i plusy ujemne
Są one medialne, krwiożercze, wielkie, można ich się bać a "ciemny lud" nie potrzebuje niczego więcej jak juchy i innych wydzielin :)
Z tego samego powodu zainteresowanie wypasiona furą jest większe niż starą Nyską, choć to ta druga ma większe zasługi dla Narodu :P
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" - C.Sagan

Utahraptor

Post autor: Utahraptor »

Im coś jest bardziej medialne, tym łatwiej o pieniądze na badania, dlatego inne zwierzęta są tak słabo poznane w stosunku do dinozaurów i człowiekowatych.
Biologia, UW

Awatar użytkownika
skrecu
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur

Post autor: skrecu »

no tu sztandarowy przykład ssaków na granicy paleocenu i eocenu
masywne granty uzyskali badacze w temacie, ponieważ PETM (paleocene-eocene thermal maximum) i P-E CIE (paleocene-eocene carbon isotope excursion) są modne od czasu walki z globalnym ociepleniem
dzięki temu mamy wysyp ssaków i wszelkich analiz paleoklimatycznych z tego czasu
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" - C.Sagan

Awatar użytkownika
nazuul

Fruitadens - mini-heterodontozauryd z Morrison

Post autor: nazuul »

Ciekawa pracka za darmo!!!
Butler, R. J., Galton, P. M., Porro, L. B., Chiappe, L. M., Henderson, D. M., and G. M. Erickson. 2009. Lower limits of ornithischian dinosaur body size inferred from a new Upper Jurassic heterodontosaurid from North America. Proceedings of the Royal Society B. doi:10.1098/rspb.2009.1494.

Abstract-The extremes of dinosaur body size have long fascinated scientists. The smallest (<1 m length) known dinosaurs are carnivorous saurischian theropods, and similarly diminutive herbivorous or omnivorous ornithischians (the other major group of dinosaurs) are unknown. We report a new ornithischian dinosaur, Fruitadens haagarorum, from the Late Jurassic of western North America that rivals the smallest theropods in size. The largest specimens of Fruitadens represent young adults in their fifth year of development and are estimated at just 65–75 cm in total body length and 0.5–0.75 kg body mass. They are thus the smallest known ornithischians. Fruitadens is a late-surviving member of the basal dinosaur clade Heterodontosauridae, and is the first member of this clade to be described from North America. The craniodental anatomy and diminutive body size of Fruitadens suggest that this taxon was an ecological generalist with an omnivorous diet, thus providing new insights into morphological and palaeoecological diversity within Dinosauria. Late-surviving (Late Jurassic and Early Cretaceous) heterodontosaurids are smaller and less ecologically specialized than Early (Late Triassic and Early Jurassic) heterodontosaurids, and this ecological generalization may account in part for the remarkable 100-million-year-long longevity of the clade.
http://chinleana.blogspot.com/2009/10/n ... -from.html -> zob. komentarz Yatesa - Tianyulong jego zdaniem pochodzi z formacji Tiaojishan!

Obrazek

Poprawiłem abstrakt (brakowało fragmentów). Dawid.

Awatar użytkownika
nazuul

Tatankacephalus - nowy ankylozauryd

jakoś nikt się nie garnie żeby wrzucić do trawy...
Parsons, W.L. & Parsons, K.M. (2009) A new ankylosaur (Dinosauria: Ankylosauria) from the Lower Cretaceous Cloverly Formation of Central Montana. Can. J. Earth Sci. 46: 721-738

Abstract: A cranium and other associated skeletal elements representing a new ankylosaurid dinosaur, Tatankacephalus cooneyrum gen. et. sp. nov. possess several diagnostic features that indicate that this new taxon differs from the only other know ankylosaur from the Cloverly Formation, Sauropelta edwardsorum. These features include a frontoparietal dome, an enlarged nuchal ridge that obscures the occpital region, a circular orbit, ventral curvature in the posterolatelrally directed paroccipital processes, a posteroventrally directed foramen magnum, and a number of features on the braincase. The phylogenetic analysis positions Tatankacephalus with Ankylosauridae based on its sharing of several characters with other members of this clade, including an enlarged nuchal segment that obscures the occiput in dorsal view, a ventrally curving lateral profile of the cranium anterior to the orbit, pyramidal postorbital boss, laterally projecting pyramidal quadratojugal boss, the presence of a postocular shelf, the presence of paranasal sinuses, and the lack of a cingulum on a maxillary (or dentary) tooth. It is considered a basal member of Ankylosauridae because it retains premaxillary teeth and a visible lateral temporal fenestra, in contrast to the absence of premaxillary teeth and an obscured lateral temporal fenestra in younger members of this clade.
Obrazek

pdf pochodzi ze strony W. Parsonsa (wylukane na wildprehistory :wink: )

Awatar użytkownika
nazuul

Abstrakt:
An incomplete theropod skeleton including partial skull, mandibles, ilia was collected frtom Early Cretaeous Jiufotang Formation of Kazuo County, western Liaoning Province. It can be estimated that this theropod may reach 9~10 meters in total length. It should be classified whitin Tyrannosauroidae by its tall premaxillary body, median vertical ridge on the external surface of ilium. It differs from the Late Cretaceous tyrannosaurids by much large extarnal naris, sligthly concave anterior portion of maxiallary dorsal margin, maxillary fenestra reaching past the rostral margin of antiorbital fossa but keeping apart from the ventral margin of antiorbital fossa. Thus, Sinotyrannus kazuoensis gen. et sp. nov. is erected, perhaps representing the earliest member of Tyrannosauridae. This is the largest known pre-Late Cretaceous tyrannosauroid, and also the largest theropod from the Jehol Biota of western Liaoning and the adjecent regions. The discovery of this taxon not only suggest that East Asia should be one of the most important evolutionary centers of tyrannosauroids, but also provides the significant evidences for studying the origin of Tyrannosauridae, and the composition and ecosystem of the Jehol Biota.
No i post Cau, oczywiście:
http://theropoda.blogspot.com/2009/10/s ... tti-i.html

EDIT 28.10.09
Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. pisze:I'm not even convinced it is tyrannosauroid (although it may well be): it
is, despite the paper's claim to the contrary, almost certain not in
Tyrannosauridae. Indeed, I would venture to guess it is more distantly
related to Tyrannosauridae than are Raptorex or Xiongguanlong.

EDIT
Jest pracka!!!!! -> http://www.gbc.ac.cn/ch/reader/create_p ... nal_id=gbc

Dawid - możesz już uzupełnić tyranozauroidy :wink: ; jeśli nie - to ja się tym zajmę. :)
skrecu pisze:mogliby sobie darować publikację w tak niszowym periodyku :)
dokładnie! Mogli też ją lepiej napisać...

Awatar użytkownika
hanys
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur

Aardonyx celestae gen. et sp. nov.

Post autor: hanys »

A new transitional sauropodomorph dinosaur from the Early Jurassic of South Africa and the evolution of sauropod feeding and quadrupedalism
Yates, A. M., Bonnan, M. F., Neveling, J., Chinsamy, A., and M. G. Blackbeard. 2009. A new transitional sauropodomorph dinosaur from the Early Jurassic of South Africa and the evolution of sauropod feeding and quadrupedalism. Proceedings of the Royal Society B. doi:10.1098/rspb.2009.1440. Published online
Aardonyx celestae gen. et sp. nov. is described from the upper Elliot Formation (Early Jurassic) of South Africa. It can be diagnosed by autapomorphies of the skull, particularly the jaws, cervical column, forearm and pes. It is found to be the sister group of a clade of obligatory quadrupedal sauropodomorphs (Melanorosaurus + Sauropoda) and thus lies at the heart of the basal sauropodomorph–sauropod transition. The narrow jaws of A. celestae retain a pointed symphysis but appear to have lacked fleshy cheeks. Broad, U-shaped jaws were previously thought to have evolved prior to the loss of gape-restricting cheeks. However, the narrow jaws of A. celestae retain a pointed symphysis but appear to have lacked fleshy cheeks, demonstrating unappreciated homoplasy in the evolution of the sauropod bulk-browsing apparatus. The limbs of A. celestae indicate that it retained a habitual bipedal gait although incipient characters associated with the pronation of the manus and the adoption of a quadrupedal gait are evident through geometric morphometric analysis (using thin-plate splines) of the ulna and femur. Cursorial ability appears to have been reduced and the weight bearing axis of the pes shifted to a medial, entaxonic position, falsifying the hypothesis that entaxony evolved in sauropods only after an obligate quadrupedal gait had been adopted.

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/ ... 9eee9ef327

Awatar użytkownika
hanys
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur

Skrajności w rozmiarach dinozaurĂłw od dawna fascynowały naukowcĂłw. Najmniejsze (<1 m długości) znane dinozaury to drapieĹźne gadziomiednicze teropody, a podobnie małe roślinoĹźerne czy wszystkoĹźerne dinozaury ptasiomiednicze są nieznane. Opisano nowego dinozaura ptasiomiedniczego, Fruitadens haagarorum, z późnej jury zachodniej Ameryki Północnej, ktĂłry dorĂłwnuje rozmiarami najmniejszym teropodom. Największy okaz Fruitadens to młody dorosły w piątym roku Ĺźycia. Jego długość jest szacowana na jakieś 65–75 cm, a waga na 0.5–0.75 kg. Jest przez to najmniejszym znanym dinozaurem ptasiomiedniczym. Fruitadens jest jednym z ostatnich, a zarazem pierwszym opisanym z Ameryki Północnej przedstawicielem Heterodontosauridae, bazalnego kladu dinozaurĂłw. Anatomia czaszki i zębĂłw oraz drobne rozmiary ciała sugerują tryb Ĺźycia wszystkoĹźernego generalisty. Dostarcza to nowych danych na morfologiczną i ekologiczną róşnorodność dinozaurĂłw. Ostatnie (z późnej jury i wczesnej kredy) heterodontozaurydy są mniejsze i mniej wyspecjalizowane od wczesnych (późnotriasowych i wczesnojurajskich) przedstawicieli kladu. Tą ekologiczną generalizacją moĹźna po części wytłumaczyć niezwykłą (100 milionĂłw lat) długowieczność grupy.

jak zawsze proszę o porawki
Ostatnio zmieniony 11 listopada 2009, o 21:25 przez hanys, łącznie zmieniany 2 razy.

Awatar użytkownika
nazuul

Poza tymi drobnostkami jest OK:
hanys pisze:Opisano nowego dinozaura ptasiomiedniczego, Fruitadens haagarorum, Z późnej Jury zachodniej Ameryki Północnej,
małe litery
hanys pisze:Najmiększy okaz Fruitadens
Największy
hanys pisze:Dostarcza to nowych danych w morfologiczną i ekologiczną różnorodność dinozaurów.
na (?)
hanys pisze:Tą ekologiczną generalizację można po części wytłumaczyć niezwykłą (100 milionów lat) długowiecznością grupy.
długowieczność

Do Łukasza - widzę, że na głównej jest już mój tekst o neowenatorydach, jednak jest tam błąd, którego wcześniej nie zauwazyłem:
Neowenatorydy to grupą teropodów, któr odniosła duży sukces
to->są
ktĂłr->ktĂłra

BartekChom
Ordowicki bezszczękowiec
Ordowicki bezszczękowiec

Post autor: BartekChom »

hanys pisze:Tą ekologiczną generalizację możne po części wytłumaczyć niezwykła (100 milionów lat) długowieczność grupy.
MoĹźe tak:

Tą ekologiczną generalizacją można po części wytłumaczyć niezwykłą (100 milionów lat) długowieczność grupy.

Chyba, Ĺźe nie o to chodzi.

Awatar użytkownika
hanys
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur

BartekChom pisze:
hanys pisze:Tą ekologiczną generalizację możne po części wytłumaczyć niezwykła (100 milionów lat) długowieczność grupy.
MoĹźe tak:

Tą ekologiczną generalizacją można po części wytłumaczyć niezwykłą (100 milionów lat) długowieczność grupy.

Chyba, Ĺźe nie o to chodzi.
Chyba jednak o to chodzi. Pozwoliłem sobie użyczyć zdania Twego autorstwa :)

Awatar użytkownika
nazuul

Re: nowe dinozaury

nazuul 10.09.2009r. pisze:
Lingham-Soliar, T. 2009. Dinosaur protofeathers: pushing back the origin of feathers into the Middle Triassic? Journal of Ornithology. doi: 10.1007/s10336-009-0446-7.

Abstract Reports of primordial feathers (protofeathers) in dinosaurs have received widespread interest. Recently, it was proposed that a novel protofeather in the theropod dinosaur Beipiaosaurus completes the transitional series in the evolution of the feather and provides the first evidence of filamentous feathers as display in nonavian theropods. A more far-reaching evolutionary ramification is the claim that these structures push the origin of monofilamentous integumentary structures into the Middle Triassic or earlier. I discuss problems with the analyses within the broader context of studies concerning the hypothesis of protofeathers, and show that affinity between the integumentary structures in Beipiaosaurus and feathers is improbable. The scientific methodology is questioned by its failure to make phenomena perceivable by objective means, by questionable rationalizations in critical issues, and by lack of consideration of exceptions to the postulated thesis. The notion that primordial feathers occurred in a clade more inclusive than the Coelurosauria and that it is supported by the presence of integumental structures in Psittacosaurus is analyzed and rejected.
komentarz Jaimego Headdena
Ciąg dalszy:
Theagarten Lingham-Soliar "Response to comments by G. Mayr to my paper “Dinosaur protofeathers: pushing back the origin of feathers into the Middle Triassic?”" Journal of Ornithology DOI 10.1007/s10336-009-0475-2 Published online: 14 November 2009
Abstract Primordial stages in feather evolution including an allegedly new type of protofeather (Xu et al. 2009) as reportedly identified in the Chinese dinosaurs were questioned (Lingham-Soliar in J Ornithol 2009) on identifications based on poor scientific methodology, errors and tautological rationalizations in critical issues. Criticisms were also directed at certain findings by Mayr et al. (2002) on integumental structures in the tail of a psittacosaur dinosaur from the early Cretaceous of China. Important allegations concerning a possible keratinous chemistry of the integumental structures and presence of a hollow lumen at their centre were considered poorly supported and consequently unsound. Mayr (2009) responded by questioning some of my remarks. Here, I respond to his comments.

Ag.Ent
Kredowy tyranozaur
Kredowy tyranozaur
Imię i nazwisko: Tomasz Skawiński

Jintasaurus meniscus

Post autor: Ag.Ent »

Kolejny nowy dinozaur - tym razem chiński wczesnokredowy ornitopod siostrzany wobec hadrozauroidów.

You Hailu, Li Daqing (2009) A new basal hadrosauriform dinosaur (Ornithischia: Iguanodontia) from the Early Cretaceous of northwestern China. Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences. 46 (12): 949–957. doi:10.1139/E09-067

ODPOWIEDZ