Masa Dreadnoughtus i metody 'ważenia' zauropodów

Wszystko o największych zwierzętach, jakie kiedykolwiek stąpały po Ziemi - "gadzich stopach"
Ag.Ent
Kredowy tyranozaur
Kredowy tyranozaur
Imię i nazwisko: Tomasz Skawiński

Re: Masa Dreadnoughtus i metody 'ważenia' zauropodów

Post autor: Ag.Ent »

Wiem, że praca już sprzed czterech tygodni, więc pewnie wszyscy zainteresowani widzieli, ale myślę, że mimo to warto ją tu przywołać i zapoznać się z jej treścią, zwłaszcza jeśli jest się zainteresowanym "ważeniem" dinozaurów i jego metodyką.

Brassey C.A., Maidment S.C.R., Barrett P.M. 2015. Body mass estimates of an exceptionally complete Stegosaurus (Ornithischia: Thyreophora): comparing volumetric and linear bivariate mass estimation methods. Biology Letters 11: 20140984. http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsbl.2014.0984.

Awatar użytkownika
Danu
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur
Imię i nazwisko: Krzysztof Stuchlik

Post autor: Danu »

Tribute to Dinosaurs 2020

Awatar użytkownika
Danu
Jurajski allozaur
Jurajski allozaur
Imię i nazwisko: Krzysztof Stuchlik

Post autor: Danu »

No i jest w książce abstraktów :

A NEW GIANT TITANOSAUR FROM THE EARLY CRETACEOUS OF CHUBUT YELDS
LIGHT TO GIANT TITANOSAUR EVOLUTION
J. L. CARBALLIDO, D. POL, A. OTERO, I. A. CERDA, L. SALGADO
,A. C. GARRIDO J. RAMEZZANI, N. R. CÚNEO and M. J. KRAUSE
Sauropod dinosaurs were the dominant mega-herbivore vertebrates through all the Mesozoic era. Although almost all sauropods can
be recognized as giants, some patagonian titanosaur sauropods reached the maximum sizes registered for land vertebrates. Therefore
they are of great importance for understanding body size evolution among sauropods. Despite that, the phylogenetic relationships
of these titanosaurs are poorly known, as well as their precise body mass. Here we present a new extremely giant titanosaur from
the late Early Cretaceous of the Chubut Group (Cerro Barcino Formation; Albian). The new titanosaur is represented by, at least, 6
specimens with different degrees of preservation, and being two of them more complete than the others (MPEF-PV 3400 and 3399).
Different unique characters are supporting the identification of a new taxon (vertical prezygodiapophyseal lamina in anteriormost
dorsals; hyposphene-hypantrum restricted to D3-D4; extremely wide and incipiently bifid anterior caudal neural spines; femur with
straight laterodistal edge). The new taxon is represented by a single tooth, cervical, dorsal, and caudal vertebrae, as well as most
of the bones that compose the fore- and hind-limbs (with the exception of the hand and pes). The anatomical information reveals
an extremely elongated neck, a comparatively short trunk, and a long robust tail. The amount of anatomical information recovered
for the new taxon allows us to make detailed comparisons with other titanosaurs, including giant taxa such as Dreadnoughtus,
Argentinosaurus, or Futalognkosaurus. The phylogenetic analysis recovered it as a relatively basal titanosaur, which body mass can
be adequately estimated based on different approaches.
CONICET, Museo Paleontológico Egidio Feruglio, Trelew U9100GYO, Argentina.
CONICET, Museo de La Plata, La Plata B1900FWA, Argentina.
CONICET, Instituto de Investigación en Paleobiología y Geología, Universidad Nacional de Río Negro, General Roca 8332, Argentina. 4
Museo Provincial de Ciencias Naturales “Juan Olsacher”, Zapala 8340, Argentina. 5
Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.

----------------------------------------------------------

Najbardziej wyczekiwana przeze mnie praca od lat.. (domyślacie się dlaczego bo mnie znacie), będzie to prawdopodobnie ogromna ilość nowych danych na temat ogromnych tytanozaurów. Na 99% to właśnie w tej pracy ujrzymy wreszcie rekonstrukcje Argentinosaurus autorstwa Scotta Hartmana oraz jak się domyślam także nowego giganta z Chubut, wraz z porównaniem masy najpewniej przy użyciu kilku metod (w tym zapewne GDI jak sądzę). Praca powinna się ukazać w tym roku !!! :D
Tribute to Dinosaurs 2020

ODPOWIEDZ